We’re growing, so we’re hiring! Please apply as directed below or refer a friend if you know someone who has worked in an apparel production facility and could hit the ground running in our Muskegon location.
OVERVIEW: The Gear Group, a promotional products and apparel distributor, is looking for a screen printer/production team member to work in a fun, fast-paced environment and run our automatic screenprinter and direct-to-garment printers for our apparel division, and assist as needed in our production department.
• Operate and cross-train on all production equipment; screen printing, direct-to-garment, heat press
• Equipment maintenance as needed
• Prep and burn screens
• Clean and reclaim screens
• Mix and prep ink as needed per job specifications
• Understand the different material requirements to produce a finished product
• Quality control
• Manage time and prioritize orders to run efficiently
• Prepare orders
• Package orders
• General cleaning as needed
• Additional responsibilities as needed
• Experience in screen printing and/or direct to garment and/or apparel decoration preferred
• Excellent communication skills
• Can-do attitude and teamwork mentality
• Keen attention to detail and organization a must
• Strong project management skills
• Flexibility in a context of rapidly changing priorities
• Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously and independently
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• High school or equivalent
• This job operates in a professional office and shop environment. This role routinely uses standard office
equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, fax machines and manufacturing equipment such
as printers, heat press and chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of work
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time
• Stoop, kneel, lift, push/pull and twist throughout the day
• Lifting may be up to 50 pounds.
• This is a full-time position, and hours of work vary Monday through Friday and possibly weekends,
depending on production schedule.
• $10 – $12 per hour based on experience level
• Benefits: Health, Dental, 401k, Flexible Spending, Disability Insurance – long and short term, Life
Please send resumes to Shan Bonjernoor at firstname.lastname@example.org.