We’re growing, so we’re hiring! Please apply as directed below or refer a friend if you know someone who has worked in an apparel
production facility and could hit the ground running in our Muskegon location. The Gear Group is looking for an Outside Sales Representative to execute new account development.
- Acquire new clients, retain existing business and sell a full line apparel and promotional products to local, regional and national businesses
- Sales and new business prospecting
- Order processing and management
- Meeting with key clients and prospects face-to-face
- Building and maintaining relationships
- Negotiating and closing deals
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly
- Proven working experience in sales and marketing
- Proven experience in acquiring new business
- Adequate knowledge of marketing and sales, and ability to develop prospecting plan
- Basic IT skills (databases, MS Office etc)
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Ability to prioritize and organize is critical
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working in business-to-business sales
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing or business administration or equivalent number of years of experience is a plus
- Experience working in the Promotional Product and apparel industry is a plus
- Customer/Client Focus
- Project Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Presentation Skills
- Stress Management/Composure
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Strategic Thinking
- This job operates in a professional office and shop environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, fax machines and manufacturing equipment such as printers, heat press and chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of work conditions. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, standing and lifting is required. Lifting may be up to 50 pounds.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- This is a full-time position, and hours of work vary Monday through Friday, but primarily 8 am – 5 pm.
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org