Embroidery Machine Operator – Part Time
OVERVIEW: The Gear Group, a growing promotional products and apparel distributor, is looking for an Embroidery Machine Operator team member with experience to work in a fun, fast-paced environment and run our embroidery equipment for our apparel division, and assist wherever needed in our production department.
- Set up and run computerized embroidery machine
- Perform basic edits to embroidery digitizing
- Outputting high levels of quality production
- Providing end product quality control
- Hoop garments and run embroidery jobs in a timely fashion
- Trimming & cleaning finished goods
- Machine maintenance as needed
- Inventory of Embroidery supplies
- Keeping embroidery area clean
- Package orders
- Manage time and prioritize orders to run efficiently
- Cross-train on all production equipment; screen printing, direct-to-garment, heat press
- Additional responsibilities as needed
- Ability to work with machinery
- Know and understand measurements
- Excellent communication skills
- Can-do attitude and teamwork mentality
- Keen attention to detail and organization a must
- Strong project management skills
- Flexibility in a context of rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously and independently
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Education and/or experience
- High school or equivalent
- Experience using a commercial embroidery machine
- This job operates in a professional office and shop environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, fax machines and manufacturing equipment such as printers, heat press and chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of work conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Stoop, kneel, lift, push/pull and twist throughout the day
- Lifting may be up to 50 pounds.
- This is a part-time position, and hours and days of work vary Monday through Friday and possibly weekends, depending on production schedule. Schedule will be determined at time of hire.
- $10 – $12 per hour based on experience level
Please send resumes to Shan Bonjernoor at email@example.com.